Party in a chocolate shop - our unique venue serves as production kitchen, event space and classroom. Our secret backyard garden is the perfect place to begin with a guided craft chocolate tasting and geek out session about our favorite subject - chocolate!
We typically serve a little sparkling rose with the tasting as a palate cleanser. Next you'll put on your aprons and learn to make chocolate ganache, the basis for fancy French desserts, including chocolate truffles! Finally you hand roll and finish a dozen truffles to take home, along with your ganache 'homework'.
- Guests will arrive & store their coats & bags, etc.
- Weather permitting, guests can await the rest of the party in our backyard garden.
- Once everyone is present, we'll move inside to our tasting stations to begin the guided tasting.
- Wine is poured and guests will be treated to an interactive discussion and craft chocolate tasting lasting approximately 40 minutes.
- After the tasting guests enjoy one of our handcrafted chocolate truffles for some inspiration.
- Next, we'll don our aprons and learn to make chocolate ganache (container is taken home for 'homework').
- We'll then outfit everyone with gloves and hand roll and finish a dozen truffles using several different toppings.
- We'll then pack up the truffles and ganache we made and everyone will receive a handout with the recipe for basic truffles.
- Satisfied guests head back out into the real world of NYC, bellies filled with chocolate!
What You Will Make / Go Home With:
Each guest will go home with:
- A box of truffles they made.
- Extra ganache to make more at home.
About the Instructor:
Classes are taught by Roni-Sue herself or by our GM Sharon. Roni-Sue has been making confections for over 30 years and teaching a bean-to-bar-to-business STEM focused after school program for the NY Department of Education for the last five years. Both Roni & Sharon are partners in a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in Belize where they learned all about growing cacao and making delicious chocolate from it!
About the Venue:
Our production kitchen/classroom/event space on the LES has 1,000 sq ft of flexible indoor space and a large beautiful (partially tented) backyard garden. Everybody wants to party in a chocolate shop!
How to Book
After selecting your approximate group size and date, you’ll be able to let us know about any accommodations you need before completing your payment.
You will be able to make some alterations to accommodations and group size after payment, as we know those things may be subject to change.
If you’d like to book this event to take place in your office or home, please indicate it in the Special Requests field.
Once you’ve completed your booking, you’ll be connected directly with your event provider to hash out any further necessary details.
Super Strict: This provider allows for cancellations with a full refund to occur 1 month or more in advance of the event. Cancelling within a window of less than 1 month will result in an inability to be refunded.
Flexible: You will be able to make changes to your group size up until 72 hours as long as you meet the provider minimum. You will also have up until this period to make additional accommodations for the event