Guests will learn how to prepare sushi rice at home and the technique in mixing rice vinegar to your steamed rice to make sushi rice. Additionally, we'll learn how to choose sushi grade ingredients and how to choose fresh fish, as well as techniques in spreading sushi rice in the seaweed paper, how to make traditional rolls and hand rolls, how to cut rolls evenly and basic knife skills. Guests will be served, bottled water, sake and edamame.
Guests are requested to arrive 15 mins before the class. On arrival they will sign waiver and will be given aprons and name tags.
- Each station will be ready with wet blue towel, bamboo rolling mat, gloves, wasabi, ginger and soy.
- Once guests have arrived, edamame, sake and bottled water will be served.
- Chefs will introduce themselves and will start about a bit history of sushi.
- We'll review how to prepare sushi rice vinegar will be discuss. Each guests will take turns in mixing rice.
- Chef will demonstrate how to make a roll and guests will have their turn.
- Chef will announce the competition - we choose master roller of the night to win bottle of sake. Criteria will be 30% how tight rolls are, 30% how even the bites after cutting, 40% creativity and plating.
- Guests will roll as much as they can.
- Bonus round if we have time: HAND ROLL
- Chef will choose the master roller and to give closing remarks and take group photo.
- At the end of the class, we will send recipes, quick notes and photos and videos in a dropbox link.
What You Will Make / Go Home With:
Spicy tuna, salmon, avocado, cucumber, carrots, pickled radish, pickled squash, cucumber, spicy mayo, eel sauce and crunch
We roll and eat as much as we can!
Each guest will go home with:
- A bamboo rolling mat as a souvenir
- A sushi rice vinegar recipe
- Quick notes from the class
- Photos and videos captured by the assistant facilitator which will be sent via email.
- Master roller of the night will get a free bottle of sake!
How to Book
After selecting your approximate group size and date, you’ll be able to let us know about any accommodations you need before completing your payment.
You will be able to make some alterations to accommodations and group size after payment, as we know those things may be subject to change.
If you’d like to book this event to take place in your office or home, please indicate it in the Special Requests field.
Once you’ve completed your booking, you’ll be connected directly with your event provider to hash out any further necessary details.
Moderate: This provider allows for cancellations with a full refund to occur 1 week or more in advance of the event. Cancelling within a window of less than 1 week will result in an inability to be refunded.
Flexible: You will be able to make changes to your group size up until 72 hours as long as you meet the provider minimum. You will also have up until this period to make additional accommodations for the event